Tyrsynyr are 6-8 foot tall humanoids resembling bipedal bulls with large horns, hooves, and solid red or black eyes. It would be strange to see one without a weapon or armor. Stranger still to see one without scars. Despite their penchant for violence, the tyrsynyr are herbivorous, lacking sharp teeth or internal organs that can process meat (though they can digest blood).
The tyrsynyr were created in the Second Age by Selavane. He is so closely linked to the tyrsynyr that he is often depicted as one in other cultures.
Heroism and honor are the currency of tyrsynyr societies. They prefer to use slaves and serfs for mundane tasks like trade and agriculture so that the tyrsynyr can focus on combat, war, and proving themselves worthy. Violating an oath, cowardice, and necromancy are high crimes in many tyrsynyr’s world-view. Nothing is better than death in battle, victory over an opponent, and feasting on the spoils of war.
Tyrsynyr names generally alternate consonants and vowels. Masculine names end in -os, -as, -an, -on. Feminine names end in -a, -is. Tribal names are derived from the name of their famous founder, adding an -o or replacing the usual ending with -o.
Masculine Names: Aelos, Aros, Desan, Eucas, Ledesos, Nesipon, Perosoth, Thanast, Zenosil
Feminine Names: Alasa, Cala, Dinosa, Eris, Hana, Hila, Mega, Nanthesa, Phyla, Risa, Sisa, Thosa, Zenesa
Tribe Names: Alyro, Antiso, Doro, Esumo, Kassia, Melyso, Myrn, Pollamp, Seno, Thiaro
TYRSYNYR (13 RP)
+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int (1 RP): Tyrsynyr are strong and tough, but are easily frustrated by the learning process.
Type (3 RP): Monstrous Humanoid.
Medium Size (0 RP): Tyrsynyr have no modifiers related to their size.
Normal Speed (0 RP): Tyrsynyr have a land speed of 30 feet unless they charge, run, or withdraw.
Languages (0 RP): Tyrsynyr speak either Atiric or Yubaric, depending on whether their parents came from Atiria or Yubar.
- Battle Rage (2 RP): Once per day, whenever a tyrsynyr takes damage, she flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC.
- Charge (2 RP): Whenever a tyrsynyr charges with its gore attack, it deals twice the number of damage dice with the selected natural attack plus 1-1/2 times its Strength bonus.
- Darkvision (-): As a monstrous humanoid, tyrsynyr can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Heraldry Training (2 RP): Tyrsynyr gain a +1 racial bonus to Knowledge (nobility) and Diplomacy checks.
- Hoof Stomp (1 RP): Receive the Hoof natural attack (Bestiary 302).
- Horn Gore (1 RP): Receive the Gore natural attack (Bestiary 302).
- Sprinter (1 RP): Tyrsynyr gain a +10 foot racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions.