Sebet resemble a large humanoid crocodile with a long, fat tail. They all have green eyes. Sebet are nocturnal and carnivorous.
Sebet do not cease to grow as they age. They stand about 5’ tall when they reach adulthood (16). They grow to 6’ tall by middle age (35), 7’ by old age (53), while the eldest Sebet reach 8’ tall by venerable age (70+). Maximum age for a Sebet is 70 + 2d20. Notably, their scales lose pigment with age, some even become completely white.
Pregnant females produce about 40 eggs (4d20) after two months of gestation. These eggs must be nested for three more months, traditionally by burying them in sand.
The Sebet were created by Ashrahka in the Second Age.
The Rah-Opah (“River-King”) rules from Persochet. Hunters are well-respected in Sebet society, and a Sebet does not reach adulthood until they go on a ritual hunt. Taller (and thus older) Sebet are revered for their wisdom, however, some haughty Sebet dye their scales as they are prone to grow grey with age.
Sebet men are expected to guard their mate and her nest. Despite all precautions, most Sebet eggs are devoured by burrowing animals or opportunistic creatures which strike when the mother is away. Women who are nesting at the same time will often form a pact to guard their eggs together, known as a crèche… breaking a pact of crèche is a great dishonor.
SEBET (14 RP)
+2 Con, +2 Cha, -2 Dex (0 RP): The Sebet are tough and have a commanding presence, but their cold blood prevents them from moving quickly or deftly.
Type (0 RP): Sebet are humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
Medium Size (0 RP): Sebet have no modifiers for their size.
Normal Speed (0 RP): Sebet have a land speed of 30 ft.
Languages (0 RP): Sebet may speak either Nairani or Persocheti depending on whether their parents were part of the small-folk or the elite-class, respectively.
- Low-Light Vision (1 RP): Sebet can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Powerful Jaws (2 RP): While the bite of a Sebet does negligible damage, it is difficult to escape from. As a result, Sebet gain Improved Grapple as a bonus feat.
- Robust (2 RP): Sebet gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases.
- Scaled Hide (4 RP): Sebet gain a +3 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
- Seductive Gaze (2 RP): Sebet add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school. In addition, members of this race with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher may use charm person once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the user’s character level).
- Slapping Tail (3 RP): Sebet have a tail they can use to make attacks of opportunity with a reach of 5 feet. The tail is a natural attack that deals 1d8 points of damage plus the user’s Strength modifier.