The Hira are a small primate humanoid species native to the forests of Yubar.
Hira are omnivorous humanoids resembling a lemur. They possess a long tail used for balance when leaping and running on all fours.
One out of a thousand Hira males are “crowned,” having a crest of fur resembling a crown.
Hira females are only fertile in the spring. Gestation last three months. They have only one offspring in this time, which instinctively clings to their guardian after birth. Hira are capable of moving under their own power after about a year, however, they do not reach adulthood and sexual maturity until around the age of seven. They age rapidly, however, reaching middle age at 15, old age at 35, and venerability at 50. The oldest Hira live to be about 70 (max age is 50 + 2d10).
Hira appeared in the Third Age in Yubar, but it is unknown if they are a subrace of the Myr, Janavar, or a new race entirely. They have spread quite far since then, forming isolated communities throughout Yubar and Atiria.
Hira communities are ruled either by patriarchal autocrats (a crowned male), or have a council of matriarchs. Crowned Hira males almost always take control of their communities, and many Hira wait for the day when a crowned female is born, a messiah to lead the Hira from persecution and to a new land of prosperity.
HIRA (12 RP)
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str (0 RP): Hira are graceful and inventive, but lack physical strength.
Type (0 RP): Humanoid.
Small Size (0 RP): Small races gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. Small races have a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet.
Slow Speed ( -1 RP): Hira have a land speed of 20 feet.
Climb Speed (2 RP): Hira have a Climb speed of 20 feet.
Languages (0 RP): Hira speak Hiratan.
- Low-Light Vision (1 RP): Hira can see twice as far as normal creatures in dim light conditions.
- Born to Leap (2 RP): Hira gain a +2 racial bonus to all Acrobatics checks.
- Jumper (2 RP): Hira are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump.
- Quadruped (2 RP): Hira can walk on all fours (provided they have nothing in their hands), granting them a +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts and a bonus of +10 feet to their land speed.
- Scent (4 RP): Hira gain the scent ability (Bestiary 304).